Below, please find an updated list of websites that contain helpful information on county, state, federal and private industry internships, training and apprenticeship programs and jobs. I am hopeful that those of you searching for the right job will find it useful.
- http://www.maryland.gov/pages/jobs.aspx – State of Maryland job resources
- http://jobaps.com/MD/ – State of Maryland job openings
- http://dbm.maryland.gov/jobseekers/Pages/jobseekersHome.aspx –Maryland Department of Budget and Management
- http://www.dllr.state.md.us/labor/approcc/ – Maryland Apprenticeship and Training Program
- http://www.dllr.state.md.us/earn – Information on Earn Maryland, the state’s new workplace training initiative. Scroll down the page to subscribe to job opening listings.
Maryland Workplace Exchange
- https://mwejobs.maryland.gov/vosnet/Default.aspx – Maryland Workplace Exchange has information on creating a resume, education and training and a one-stop career center. Additionally, there is a section on summer jobs, cyber security jobs, green jobs and others. You can also sign up for a service which will send you job openings as they are posted.
- https://mwejobs.maryland.gov/vosnet/ – Maryland Workforce Career Resources. Scroll to the bottom to download an app for your phone with updates on job listing.
- http://www.dllr.maryland.gov/EMPLOYMENT/WDUEG.PDF – The Maryland Workforce Exchange’s Ultimate Employment Guide
- https://www.marylandjobnetwork.com/?gclid=CNnqv4Ckvb4CFc9xOgodnBUAaQ – Listing of job and internship opening, also information about career fairs.
- https://ejobs.umd.edu/ – University of Maryland Job Listings
- https://dccentralkitchen.org/enroll/ – provides a free food industry career training program for adults facing high barriers to employment.
- https://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps – public service jobs providing pathways to opportunities for young people entering the workforce.
- https://marylandwbc.org/ – Maryland Woman’s Business Center provides free workshops and training to woman looking to build businesses.
- http://thetrainingsource.org/ – non-profit training and employment placement assistance organization
- http://www.peopleready.com/resources – specializes in helping people (including ex-offenders) find general labor jobs
Prince George’s County
- http://dllr.state.md.us/county/pg/ – Prince George’s County One Stop Career Information Center
- http://www.princegeorgescountymd.gov/1818/Employment – Information on job openings in Prince George’s County and how to apply.
- http://www.princegeorgescountymd.gov/614/Apply-for-a-Position – The Prince George’s County Youth @Work/Youth Summer Enrichment Program
- http://www.pgcedc.com/workforce-services – The Prince George’s County Economic Development Corporation Workforce Services for adults and youth
- http://www.princegeorgescountymd.gov/437/Civilian -The Prince George’s County Police Departments hires police officers and civilian workers as well as provides internships.
- https://pgcc.peopleadmin.com/ – Career opportunities at Prince George’s Community College
- https://mgmresorts.skillsmart.us/ – MGM Resorts job information
- http://www.princegeorgesworkforce.org/ – The Prince George’s County Economic Development Corporation offers a variety of services, training and job listing.
- http://www.brac.maryland.gov/work.asp -Maryland BRAC jobs
- http://www.dbm.maryland.gov/jobseekers/Pages/VeteransJobs.aspx -Maryland Veteran’s Employment Page
- https://www.usajobs.gov/Veterans -information specifically for veterans
- http://veterans.maryland.gov/operation-hire/ – Information for employers looking to hire veterans
- http://servingtogetherproject.org/service-category/employment/ – This website designed to help Veterans find resources for a variety of issues has a link to a section on job resources. Several of them are listed here.
- http://www.dllr.state.md.us/mil2fedjobs/ – This site helps to translate military occupations to federal jobs.
- https://www.vets.gov/employment/ – The US Department of Veterans Affairs offers an online resource for transitioning service members, veterans and their spouses.
- http://veterans.maryland.gov/ – The Maryland Department of Veterans Affairs sends out a weekly listing of job opportunities. You may sign up to subscribe on this site.
- http://www.troopstoenergyjobs.com – This site helps veterans transition to jobs within the energy industry.
- https://www.dllr.state.md.us/VetStaffing/web/content/Home.aspx – this site gives Veterans direct access to Maryland’s staffing company websites
- https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/programs/warriors-to-work – provides career guidance and support services to wounded warriors, their families, and caregivers interested in transitioning to the civilian workforce.
- http://amvets.org/prepare-for-employment/ runs a career center and has an endowment to help veterans transition to civilian employment.
- http://MilitaryFriendly.com ranks Allstate a top ten Military Friendly Employers Company. For more information regarding opportunities contact Sabrina McPherson at Sabrina.McPherson@allstate.com or 301-356-4741
Opportunities For Those With Disabilities
- http://dors.maryland.gov/Pages/default.aspx – The Maryland Division of Rehabilitative Services provides job information for those with disabilities including blind or visually impaired, deaf, citizens on the autism spectrum, those with brain injuries or mental health issues.
- https://www.thearcofpgc.org – The Arc of Prince George’s County’s Employment Services Division delivers individualized, wrap-around services that enable individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities get and keep good jobs. They provide training, placement and support necessary to prepare people for employment in inclusive, community-based settings, where they receive competitive wages. Contact Deborah Goins, Division Director Employment, Day and Transportation Services at email@example.com or at 240-532-6001.
- https://www.obiworks.org – Opportunity Builders Inc. provides vocational training and employment services for adults with developmental disabilities in an environment that promotes personal fulfillment, addresses individual needs and fosters independence.